Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Dining Room Table

My dining room table was my very first DIY woodworking project.


I saw a table that I loved on Pinterest, but I knew there was no way I was paying what they wanted for it. After looking at it a million times, I just knew that I could do it myself. It was all in figuring out what the measurements needed to be!

I started "Googling" tips for building furniture and that is when I struck gold with Ana-white.com !!!!

I click her site and was in love from that moment on!

My table was built with the Rustic Table Plans.

My table ended up being 6' long and 38 1/2" wide. It was built to suit my space.


 The main difference between her plan and mine was the legs. I didn't want the bulk of the 2x4 for a leg, so I used 2 1x4 glued together and the front piece was shorter to sit flush with the side aprons of the table.


The table top was also a little different from Ana's plans. I needed it to fit the table I was building. I ended up using 3 1x10's and 2 1x6's. 


I finished it off with a coat of basic black paint on the bottom and a stain for the top.


I built my table in February of 2013 and from there, I have fallen in love with building furniture. 

Is my project perfect? Heck no. But the fact that I built it with minimal help from anyone makes me proud every time I walk by it!


No comments:

Post a Comment