Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Kitchen Island/Cabinet

I have a really small galley style kitchen. One of the biggest issues of my kitchen is not enough storage space. I have no where to store my larger small appliances like my crockpot and blender.



I'd been searching Pinterest for some ideas and had just about decided that I was going to have to come up with my own design when Shanty2Chic posted a picture of something like what I wanted on their facebook page.  Soon, the plans were posted on Ana-white.com.  The original plans posted were for a single width smaller cabinet. I had already changed up the plans and started building a double width when she posted them!

I was in love with it, but I knew it needed to be wider to fit my space and be usable. Plus, I didn't want to have the space in the back for stools. I wanted something that had a good amount of storage so I extended the box that was the shelf area and did away with the back board and side boards. I also extended the drawers to the back of the piece.


This is the final piece sitting in my kitchen! I am absolutely in love with it. I am able to put my bigger small appliances on the bottom shelf. I use the second shelf for my shopping bags and two litter drinks. The drawers are a great spot for all my ziploc bags, foil, and parchment paper. I use one drawer for my baking tools that I don't use on a regular basis.

To date, I think this is my favorite project of all of the ones I have built for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment